Individuals who wish to support McDonald Observatory and the important work of improving science education may find gift planning to be an excellent way to make a charitable contribution tailored to their own unique circumstances and financial needs.
Membership in the Texas Leadership Society follows for anyone giving to McDonald Observatory and UT Astronomy through estate planning.
A planned gift may meet your goals and benefit your family by:
- Bringing immediate and deferred tax advantages to you and your heirs
- Creating an income for you and your family for life, with tax deductions
- Enabling you to give property or real estate to charity, while avoiding capital gains taxes
- Establishing a legacy during your lifetime
- Enabling you to give a more significant gift than could otherwise be made, while also taking care of your family and heirs
For information on how to achieve your financial goals, while supporting McDonald Observatory and the work of improving science education, please talk to your financial advisor. You may also contact the University of Texas Gift Planning Office for additional resources, or to talk to gift planning specialists.