We want everyone to have a great time tonight, but we also expect all of our guests to treat our staff and facilities with respect at all times. By attending tonight’s program, your troop agrees to the following:
• All guests are expected to treat the observatory’s facilities with respect. This includes the restrooms, exhibit hall, theater, telescope park, etc. If observatory staff witnesses any damage to or mistreatment of our facilities, we will halt the program and ask everyone to leave the Observatory campus. There will be no refunds if the program ends due to inappropriate behavior.
• All guests are expected to behave appropriately in the Gift Shop and Café. The Gift Shop and Café will close immediately if our staff witnesses excessive poor behavior. Such behavior includes, but is not limited to: throwing of merchandise or food items, disposing of trash on the floor, and shoplifting. Once closed, these facilities will remain closed for the remainder of the program. To mitigate the opportunity for inappropriate behavior, the Gift Shop will allow no more than 15-20 scouts in the Shop at any time. More may be allowed at the manager’s discretion.
• All guests are expected to treat others with respect at all times. If any member of your troop is disrespectful towards our staff, other scouts, or troop leaders, your entire troop may be asked to leave the program.
• Use of laser pointers is strictly prohibited. Only McDonald Observatory staff members are authorized to use laser pointers on Observatory grounds. If any member of your troop (scout or leader) uses a laser pointer during the program, your entire troop may be asked to leave.
• Just like at camp, all guests are expected to “Leave No Trace.” Please leave our facilities in the same condition that you found them… or better. In other words, your troop should expect to clean up its own mess.